Monday, February 8th 2016
Wednesday, January 27th 2016
Saturday, December 5th 2015
Sunday, November 29th 2015
Sunday, November 22nd 2015
Saturday, November 21st 2015
CDD to Publish New Book on 2015 Elections
As part of its efforts towards the improvement of the electoral process and the consolidation of the democracy in Nigeria, the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) documents and publishes narratives and analysis on elections.
It is in respect of this that the CDD invited scholars, practitioners and researchers, in August, to submit abstracts for consideration, towards a publication on Nigeria's 2015 General Elections.
The publication intends to cover pre-, during and post-election phases from various perspectives. Abstracts were collected based on but not limited to the following sub-themes:
- State and geo-political narratives of the elections
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) preparation and execution of the elections
- Election violence
- Political parties organisation and conduct pre-, during and post-elections
- The role of civil society
- The role and conduct of security agencies
- The role and conduct of the media
- The international community and donor organisations
- Legal frameworks and the conduct of the elections
- The role of money in political parties campaigns
After a blind review process, contributors of accepted abstracts will be notified by 15 September, 2015. Authors of selected abstracts are expected to submit their full-length papers of between 4,000 to 6,000 words by 30 October, 2015.